Home > Travel List > Detailed Tour
HALF DAY CU CHI TUNNELS (CC1)
- 07.45: Welcome and meet Tour Guide at your hotel in the city center(the time of pick-up depends on the customer’s hotel/ accommodation’s exact position).
- 08.00: Depart to Cu Chi District for the tunnels around a 1.5-hour driving. The whole trip takes approximately 4-5 hours.
- 9.30: Arrive at the Cu Chi Tunnels. You will have some short introduction followed by watching a brief introductory ‘propaganda’ video about how the tunnels were constructed and how the people survived in the harsh conditions of wartime.
- We will walk past huge bomb craters – evidence of the heavy bombing campaigns in the region during the Indochina conflict. Discover hidden entrances right beneath your feet, and wander past tiny chimneys under the ground that disperse smoke from the underground kitchens.
- Then, spend your time exploring the remaining area and tunnel systems which included the specially constructed living areas with kitchens, and bedrooms side by side with other martial facilities like storage, weapons factories, field hospitals, and command centers helping whoever lives inside the tunnels meet their basic needs. You will have an opportunity to venture into the tunnels and explore the complex. Besides, there are also many hidden trap doors and dangerous traps within the maze-like tunnels for security purposes during the war.
- Break time for relaxation or for those who are interested in trying the real shooting gun. You can try to fire off an AK47, MK16, or machine gun at the nearby shooting range (optional by your own account).
- Afterwards, you will be served special tea and cassava which are guerilla food during the war. Try the local tapioca with sesame salt. This rustic dish sustained Viet Cong fighters for years during the war and it is a specialty of the old resistance zone of Cu Chi.
- Return to Ho Chi Minh City.
OPTIONAL: Enjoy your late lunch at PHO HOA – possibly the best-ever Vietnamese rice noodles soup with beef or chicken if any request and prefer. For the Half Day Afternoon tour, lunch will be served at a local restaurant on the way and before reaching to Cu Chi.
14.00: Drop off at your hotel. End of services and see you next trip.
1. Cancellation policy:
– Any cancellation 45 days prior to arrival date: NO CHARGE (except in case of deposit or issuing the flight tickets to guarantee the seats).
– Any cancellation between 45 days to 35 days prior to arrival date: 10% charge.
– Any cancellation between 35 days to 20 days prior to arrival date: 25% charge.
– Any cancellation between 20 days to 10 days prior to arrival date: 50% charge.
– Any cancellation less than 10 days: 100% charge.
2. Payment policy:
– Deposit 50% when the booking is confirmed.
– Full payment is required as soon as possible & the latest by 7 days prior to arrival date (except in case we have a credit agreement).
– The bank fees (transfer fees and correspondence fees are on the sender).
3. Method of payment:
• By credit card: VISA or MASTER (3% payment fee).
• By bank transfer (transfer fees and correspondence fees are on the sender).
• By cash (VND, AUD, USD).
4. Payment due:
• The special payment deadline will be applied and indicated in specific bookings in the tour confirmation. Booking Process notes.
• Upon receipt of your request or booking, we will immediately send a short notice to acknowledge the receipt.
• We will deal with your requests or bookings and send out our detailed proposal or tour confirmation within 24 hours (or as soon as possible) with details of specific terms & conditions.
5. Cancellation/ No show:
The specific cancellation fee will be indicated in the tour confirmation for specific bookings. This is due to the fact that each hotel and each supplier apply a different cancellation policy.
Any cancellation due to irresistible reasons such as war, strikes, earthquakes, etc. will be subject to no charge.
Tripadvisor Traveler Rating
#1882 of 12365 Vietnam Tour
Recent travel review
The tour is well-organised. The tourguide speaks not really good English but understandable. It was great experience for us even though we couldn’t get down to the tunnel (we scared of the narrow space). The other people managed to be there longer. However, even though you cannot do it, there are stills the models on the surface for you to take a look. Overall, a must do thing in Sai Gon! – Ms. Anna