Home > Travel List > Detailed Tour
EXPLORING HA LONG BAY BY LOCAL JUNK
Declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1994, Ha Long Bay is a naturalist’s dream. Magnificent Ha Long Bay, with its 3,000 islands rising from the clear, emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin, is one of the natural marvels of Vietnam. These tiny islands are dotted with innumerable beaches and grottoes created by the wind and the waves. Observing the limestone rocks rising from the sea and sailed junk boats sail by will be a truly memorable experience.
The scenic 2.5-hour drive from Ha Noi to Ha Long is full of spectacular scenery as you will pass through seemingly endless green paddy fields and lush fruit farms. Upon arrival, board your traditional junk for a cruise amongst the incredible limestone karsts of Ha Long Bay to view Thumb Island, Cock Fighting Island, and Incense Island which can be seen on Vietnam’s 200,000 dong currency note. Explore one of the biggest, most beautiful stalactites and stalagmite cave of the bay. Enjoy a seafood lunch on board while cruising back to the wharf.
- This itinerary is subject to change without prior notice if adverse weather or tide conditions occur.
- Advanced reservations are required with complete passenger details, including Full Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Nationality, Passport Number, and Visa Expiry Date.
1. Cancellation policy:
– Any cancellation 35 days prior to arrival date: NO charge (except in case of deposit or issuing the flight tickets to guarantee the seats)
– Any cancellation between 35 days to 20 days prior to arrival date: 25% charge
– Any cancellation between 20 days to 10 days prior to arrival date: 50% charge
– Any cancellation less than 10 days: 100% charge
2. Payment policy:
– Full payment is required soonest possible & at latest by 35 days prior to the arrival date (except in case we have a credit agreement)
– The deposit will be required in case we need to deposit to hotels or airlines
– The bank fees (transfer fees and correspondence fees are on the sender)
Method of payment:
• By credit card
• By bank transfer
Please note for any kind of payment: the bank fee is on the sender
Payment due: The special payment deadline will be applied and indicated in specific bookings in the tour confirmation. Generally, we request payment 2 weeks in advance for FIT & 30 days in advance for GIT. In case, we have to deposit to the suppliers to guarantee the service availability, we will request you to settle the deposit to us accordingly
4. Booking process notes:
– Upon receipt of your request or booking, we will immediately send a short notice to acknowledge the receipt
– We will deal with your requests or bookings and send out our detailed proposal or tour confirmation within 24 hours (or soonest possible) with details of specific terms & conditions
5. Cancellation/ No show
The specific cancellation fee will be indicated in the tour confirmation for specific bookings. This is due to the fact that each hotel and each supplier apply a different cancellation policy.
Any cancellation due to irresistible reasons such as war, strikes, earthquakes, etc. will be subject to no charge.
Tripadvisor Traveler Rating
#53 of 987 Tours in Northern Vietnam
Recent travel review
Very organized, which made it easy, and our guide was cheerful and pleasant. Wonderful food. Be prepared for lots of other boats, including some blasting music late into the night (not this one (bring earplugs)). The only complaint was eating early lunch while moored back in the harbor—I wish we had still been cruising. But it was really beautiful and pleasant, and we enjoyed it. – Ms. Josh