Home > Travel List > Detailed Tour
BA BE TREKKING TOUR 3 DAYS
In the morning you will depart from Hanoi for Ba Be National Park, an area of outstanding natural beauty and home to Ba Be Lake.
Today, on the way from Hanoi, we will pay a visit to the Thai Nguyen Minority and Culture Museum where we can learn something about the culture and traditions of the different minority groups in Vietnam.
Stop for lunch at a good local restaurant in Bac Kan town. Early afternoon, we arrive at a Tay minority village inside Ba Be National Park. We hike around small villages and along the riverfront. The night is spent with a local family in the traditional house of a Tay family to experience their way of life.
Overnight in hotel or homestay.
This is set to be a wonderful day of trekking. We will trek for about 6 hours through the primary forest to the remote villages of Hmong people, Dzao people, and Tay people.
The scenery along the way is magnificent with lush mountains and terraced rice fields. You will see ethnic people working strenuously in the fields, children playing on the ground and buffalos eating grass by the roadside. Picnic lunch will be served today.
Keep further walk to a Tay village, trek through the forest through mountains and valleys where you will see beautiful stilt houses of original designs and materials and following a nice road along the lake and witnessing local ethnics trading their home-made products.
Overnight in hotel or homestay
After breakfast at the homestay, we will take a 3-hour boat trip, gently chugging around the lake. Don’t forget your camera though because today is a chance for some more great shots. If you need to cool off, do as the local kids do and just jump in the river for a swim.
The boat takes you by the slow flowing river, gaze in awe at the dramatic mountains and valleys and natural caves and may enjoy a little bird and butterfly spotting.
The national park is home to countless numbers of flora and fauna. And through tunnel Puong cave, the cave has thousands of stalactites and stalagmites and is still very atmospheric with Bats.
You can rest your legs on the drive back to Hanoi, stopping for lunch at a local restaurant on the way then drive back Hanoi.
End of tour!
1. Cancellation policy:
– Any cancellation 35 days prior to arrival date: NO charge (except in case of deposit or issuing the flight tickets to guarantee the seats)
– Any cancellation between 35 days to 20 days prior to arrival date: 25% charge
– Any cancellation between 20 days to 10 days prior to arrival date: 50% charge
– Any cancellation less than 10 days: 100% charge
2. Payment policy:
– Full payment is required soonest possible & at the latest by 35 days prior to the arrival date (except in case we have a credit agreement)
– The deposit will be required in case we need to deposit to hotels or airlines
– The bank fees (transfer fees and correspondence fees are on the sender)
Method of payment:
• By credit card
• By bank transfer
Please note for any kind of payment: the bank fee is on the sender
Payment due: The special payment deadline will be applied and indicated in specific bookings in the tour confirmation. Generally, we request payment at 2 weeks in advance for FIT & 30 days in advance for GIT. In case, we have to deposit to the suppliers to guarantee the service availability, we will request you to settle the deposit to us accordingly
4. Booking process notes:
– Upon receipt of your request or booking, we will immediately send a short notice to acknowledge the receipt
– We will deal with your requests or bookings and send out our detailed proposal or tour confirmation within 24 hours (or soonest possible) with details of specific terms & conditions
5. Cancellation/ No show
The specific cancellation fee will be indicated in the tour confirmation for specific bookings. This is due to the fact that each hotel and each supplier apply a different cancellation policy.
Any cancellation due to irresistible reasons such as war, strikes, earthquakes, etc. will be subject to no charge.
Tripadvisor Traveler Rating
#70 of 987 Tours in Northern Vietnam
Recent travel review
This trip was very special; a stunning remote location, with enjoyable activities lead by a local tour guide. The homestay had a great view of the lake, and the hostess cooked delicious food.
Viet did a great job in organising a trip that would have been complicated to do ourselves. He kept us well informed with all information required and payment was via VTC that worked well and was secure.