Today’s tour will begin at 08:30. Travel back in time with a visit to Duong Lam ancient village. Set off from Hanoi after breakfast and travel west, passing through the scenic North Red River Delta on the 1.5-hour drive.
Arrive in Duong Lam ancient village, a purely agricultural village which was founded 1200 years ago. Take a walking tour through the village, experiencing the dramatic difference from Hanoi’s busy streets and Duong Lam’s tranquil pace. Explore Mong Phu commune - the only hamlet whose original village entrance remains intact. Then continue through the narrow alleys to see the old laterite houses which make up this charming village. For lunch enjoy a local style meal in a 100-year old house.
After lunch, continue driving to Mia Pagoda (located in another hamlet of Duong Lam), built in the 15th century. Admire the 287 statues of all sizes can be seen here, among which are famous sculptures such as the statue of Buddha and the statues of the ‘Eight Vajra Deities’. Then, visit Ngo Quyen temple and Phung Hung temple, places dedicated to two national heroes - Ngo Quyen and Phung Hung.
On the return to Hanoi stop at Tay Phuong Pagoda, one of Vietnam’s first pagodas. Admire Tay Phuong’s beautiful architecture and unique sculptures such as the dragons and demons carved into the wooden roof.
From here it’s a 45-60-minute drive back to Hanoi, arriving in the capital late this afternoon.
1. Cancellation policy:
– Any cancellation 35 days prior to arrival date: NO charge (except in case of deposit or issuing the flight tickets to guarantee the seats)
– Any cancellation between 35 days to 20 days prior to arrival date: 25% charge
– Any cancellation between 20 days to 10 days prior to arrival date: 50% charge
– Any cancellation less than 10 days: 100% charge
2. Payment policy:
– Full payment is required soonest possible & at the latest by 35 days prior to the arrival date (except in case we have a credit agreement)
– The deposit will be required in case we need to deposit to hotels or airlines
– The bank fees (transfer fees and correspondence fees are on the sender)
Method of payment:
• By credit card
• By bank transfer
Please note for any kind of payment: the bank fee is on the sender
Payment due: The special payment deadline will be applied and indicated in specific bookings in the tour confirmation. Generally, we request payment at 2 weeks in advance for FIT & 30 days in advance for GIT. In case, we have to deposit to the suppliers to guarantee the service availability, we will request you to settle the deposit to us accordingly
4. Booking process notes:
– Upon receipt of your request or booking, we will immediately send a short notice to acknowledge the receipt
– We will deal with your requests or bookings and send out our detailed proposal or tour confirmation within 24 hours (or soonest possible) with details of specific terms & conditions
5. Cancellation/ No show
The specific cancellation fee will be indicated in the tour confirmation for specific bookings. This is due to the fact that each hotel and each supplier apply a different cancellation policy.
Any cancellation due to irresistible reasons such as war, strikes, earthquakes, etc. will be subject to no charge.
John was a great tour guide – very friendly/bubbly personality, spoke English well, and had great explanations of food/history/culture along the way. The food selected was also good (the amount and types) and I liked that John asked for our preferences and what we’ve had before so we could try new dishes. Overall, I’d recommend this food tour of Connek Trip. – Mr. Martin
Some error has occured.