Home > Travel List > Detailed Tour
A DAY IN BEN TRE
Today’s tour will begin at 08:00. Leave the busy streets and modern buildings of Ho Chi Minh City behind on this Ben Tre day trip. Following breakfast, drive south of the city to the Mekong Delta, a remarkable agricultural area referred to as ‘the rice bowl of Vietnam’.
On arrival in Ben Tre Province, board a local boat for a first glimpse of life on the Mekong Delta’s maze of waterways. Cruise among the river islands which have whimsical names such as Dragon, Unicorn, Turtle, and Phoenix Islands. En-route visit a small factory producing handicrafts made of coconut – a material found in abundance in the Mekong region. Also, visit Turtle Island to explore an orchard and taste its fresh, tropical fruits.
Then switch gears and travel by horse-driven cart for a different perspective. Cruise along country roads to a lush garden. Taste the honey that is harvested by the residents and famous throughout Vietnam.
Return to the waterways, this time using a rowing boat. Taking advantage of this boat’s smaller size, cruise up the narrow Xep canal which is set amongst a dense grove of palm trees.
Following this Delta adventure, return to land for lunch. Before returning to the big city, stop at Vinh Trang Pagoda. This massive Buddhist pagoda boasts impressive architecture and an incredible collection of statues, including a life-size jade image.
Return to Ho Chi Minh City late this afternoon, filled with fantastic memories of a day in the Delta. (L)
1. Cancellation policy:
– Any cancellation 35 days prior to arrival date: NO charge (except in case of deposit or issuing the flight tickets to guarantee the seats)
– Any cancellation between 35 days to 20 days prior to arrival date: 25% charge
– Any cancellation between 20 days to 10 days prior to arrival date: 50% charge
– Any cancellation less than 10 days: 100% charge
2. Payment policy:
– Full payment is required soonest possible & at the latest by 35 days prior to the arrival date (except in case we have a credit agreement)
– The deposit will be required in case we need to deposit to hotels or airlines
– The bank fees (transfer fees and correspondence fees are on the sender)
Method of payment:
• By credit card
• By bank transfer
Please note for any kind of payment: the bank fee is on the sender
Payment due: The special payment deadline will be applied and indicated in specific bookings in the tour confirmation. Generally, we request payment at 2 weeks in advance for FIT & 30 days in advance for GIT. In case, we have to deposit to the suppliers to guarantee the service availability, we will request you to settle the deposit to us accordingly
4. Booking process notes:
– Upon receipt of your request or booking, we will immediately send a short notice to acknowledge the receipt
– We will deal with your requests or bookings and send out our detailed proposal or tour confirmation within 24 hours (or soonest possible) with details of specific terms & conditions
5. Cancellation/ No show
The specific cancellation fee will be indicated in the tour confirmation for specific bookings. This is due to the fact that each hotel and each supplier apply a different cancellation policy.
Any cancellation due to irresistible reasons such as war, strikes, earthquakes, etc. will be subject to no charge.
Tripadvisor Traveler Rating
#772 of 12365 Vietnam Tours
Recent travel review
John was an excellent guide. He gave a lot of information and context during the tour. He took great care of everyone and ensured everyone was comfortable and didn’t feel any pressure at any point in the tour.
I know we were time constrained but I would only suggest giving a little more time for shopping after the river boat ride since many of my group had to get rushed to the boat while shopping.
Overall, the tour exceeded my expectations. Everything and every aspect was very well planned and executed. Like a well oiled machine. I would highly recommend this day trip and consider yourself lucky if you get John! – Ms. Angle